April 14, 2011

don't assume you're registered for the Holloman duathlon!!!!

This morning I woke up packed for the Holloman duathlon. I was pretty excited about this race because I'd be able to use my disk, & it'll be my 69th multisport race! Then I attempted to put my disk on my bike. After an hour and a half of trying unsuccessfully to get my bike shifting properly I took it to my favorite bike shop, Frankie Flats here in Santa Fe. Turns out my rear derailer was bent & my chain needed replacing.

It was a nightmare registering for this race. I emailed daily for 2 weeks & called daily for a week before I was able to get a registration form, and the people I talked to on the phone were abrupt, bordering on rude. Finally at the end of March I was able to get a registration form & I sent it in with a check.

Since I'd had such horrible difficulties with this race my wife suggested I call the Holloman duathlon to ensure that they have me registered. I called them, and no, they didn't have me registered. At first they down right refused to register me because the registration deadline was a week & a half ago. I told them about the nightmare I'd been having dealing with the race. After 45 minutes of complaining they finally transferred my call to a Christie Stoccio & she let me into the race, probably just to shut me up & get me off the phone;-) On the 1st try my card was declined! Uhg, what a day. 2nd card went through. This was the hardest I've ever had to work getting into a race. If your reading this, call to ensure your actually registered. The race seems to be unorganized at best.

On a side note, there is a momentous battle going on in the master Clydesdale division, and they will both be there racing this weekend. I'm excited to watch how it unfolds!!!

No comments: