April 01, 2011

MVT triathlon

I'm registered for the MVT triathlon this weekend. I wasn't planning on doing this race, but I got an email that the awards ceremony for the SW Challenge series will be held after the MVT triathlon. I took 1st place in the SW Challenge series AG 35-39 last year, so I can't miss that!

This years MVT triathlon is in the same area, & is the same distances as the MVTC triathlon, just a different (& better) Race Director. The old RD's retired. I've done this race 3 times before, I got flats 2 of the 3 times I've raced this event. The one year I didn't get a flat was 2006, I PR'd the course that year with a time of 1:36:03. Even though I'm still out of shape & over weight from my off season I'm relatively certain I'll break my MVT course PR this year. In 2006 I ran a 5K averaging an 8:08 pace, which was dang good considering the course & how much I weighed at the time. My bike & swim splits that year were ridiculous. I was surprised to remember how slow of a cyclist & swimmer I was in 2006! I'll post my race report as soon as I can!

No comments: