October 11, 2011

Gas 'em all!

Today I saw the instructors gas the cadets. Watching a new class get gassed with OC, CS, CN or a combination is always a lot of fun. The 1st time always hurts the worst! I remember my 1st time, my eyes wouldn't open, my face felt like it was on fire, unable to breath, a few of my fellow cadets barfed, some of us had a competition to see who had the longest line of snot hanging from their face..... good times.








Today the instructors didn't know that private contractors were working on the academy gym roof, and the contractors didn't know that a few canisters of gas were about to be dropped up wind from them. It's bad enough getting gassed when your safely on the ground and you know it's coming, but the contractors had no idea what was coming and they were on a slick metal pitched roof 3 stories off the ground! It's dangerous enough trying to keep from sliding off the roof in normal conditions, it looked even more difficult when they were coughing, crying, and dripping snot. Once I realized they were ok I had a pretty good laugh.

Ah, the joy of less than lethal chemical munitions!

No comments: