October 23, 2011

long brick days equal big calorie days!

I did my 1st two back to back long brick workouts since my bike accident in early Sept. Friday I did a 67 mile bike ride and a 6.2 mile run, I burned a total of4,444 calories, my metabolic rate is currently 3,200 calories a day, so I was able to eat 7,644 calories without worrying about gaining any weight!

Yesterday I did a 14 mile bike followed by a16.5 mile run, I burned 2,411 calories, so I'll be able to eat 5,611 guilt free calories! I love long training days!

Those 2 training days were a gut check. I was hurting at the half way point. By the end I was slow and tired. Very slow. Very tired. Considering I haven't done a dang thing since early Sept I did surprisingly well. I've decided to attempt racing Ironman Arizona on Nov 20th. Because I was unable to train for 2 months and I'm now riding an old, heavy, off brand road bike I doubt I'll be able to break my Ironman PR of 14 hours 37 minutes. I'll just be happy to just finish by the Ironman cut off time of 17 hours.

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!

No comments: