October 10, 2011

R.I.P. MIRRO-MATIC vintage coffee percolator



This week my grandfathers vintage MIRRO-MATIC 9652m coffee percolator from the year 1952 stopped working. He used it daily for decades, then I inherited it and did the same. A good strong cup-o-joe from that thing was often the difference of me getting off my lazy butt and motivated to train or if I took the day off and sat on the couch eating Cheetos. I was very sad when it died. I've made countless cups of coffee from it and it had a lot of sentimental value for me. I've decided to attempt buy a replacement cord from Amazon.com before I give up on it and forced to say a tear stained good bye. At this point I'm not sure if it's the cord that is malfunctioning or if the cord I'm planning on ordering is the right cord for my coffee pot, but I gotta try.

Last month my time trial bike was also totaled. That bike was my baby. I loved it so much my wife called it "the other woman". It was made entirely from carbon fiber, had an aggressive set up that I'd adjusted a thousand times until it was PERFECT! It was gorgeous, FAST, and fit me and my personality to a tee! My wife bought it for me as a bribe to convince me to let her quit her job and become a stay at home Mom. It worked.

Sad times here in the Former Clydesdale's household.

No comments: