October 28, 2011

sprints tri's or Redman full Iron distance triathlon next season?

I got over my stomach bug and was training again again by Wed morning.....

I just finished my last long run in my training plan for IMAZ. I ran 19.3 miles & felt great! All my training suggests I'll break my Iron PR by about 30 min even though I'll be using a bike that I average 2 mph slower than the bike I had ridden at my last Iron that I PR'd at! My training splits suggest I'll also break my Iron marathon time by over 90 minutes, and my marathon (no swim or bike) time by 30 min! I cant help but wonder what I could do at another Ironman without the 2 month break of training from a bike crash, and having a decent bike with race wheels.... So I'm contemplating attempting the Redman full Iron in 2012. It all depends if I can convince my wife to let spend that much time training while she's in collage. I invited a few of my triathlon buddies to go and do it with me. If they go and we could race together it would make it particularly wonderful!

No comments: