June 21, 2012

The 2012 Grady Williams Lake triathlon cancelled

I just received an email from the race director of the Grady Williams lake triathlon, the 2012 race has been cancelled. There were only 10 athletes registered, they'll be sending out refund checks to anyone who had already registered. Bummer. That sucks, I'd been wanting to race that one for a long time. If it's canceled this year it's highly likely they wont put it on next year. I hope they try to hold this race again in 2013, I've heard from a lot of people it's an awesome format.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you wrote in your previous post you weren't doing this race anyway because of your illness/broken toe. At least this way you get a refund.

Podium quest said...

My family and I were planning on making a mini vacation out of it & I was going to volunteer. Thanks for the comment, and yup, the refund will be nice too.