June 17, 2012

I broke my toe, among other things....

It's been a very rough couple weeks.

A couple weeks ago our van broke down, it cost $400 to fix. A few days later the Suburban my wife and I saved up and purchased broke down, $1,600 to fix. On Thursday the air conditioning stopped working and our trunk stopped opening on our van, $1,089 to fix. Over $3,000 worth of repairs in a 2 week long period.

 Friday morning when I woke up I had a horrible flue. I had the body aches, chills, and a fever. Somehow I manned up and sill went to work. Friday night was MISERABLE. One minute I was burning up with fever and had the air conditioner at work on full blast, the next I had the chills and put on my jacket. Thanks to some prayer and Gods grace I was able to tough it out and didn't have to use any sick leave.

On Saturday I broke my little toe by stubbing it on a door frame. The Dr said the best he could do was tape my broken toe to the one next to it to stabilize it. I manned up and still went to work that night for a 12 hour shift. By the middle of my work shift my foot had swelled. I took my boot off to see what my foot looked like. My toe was black and was so swollen it was as thick as my big toe, my foot had also swollen up so badly I couldn't get my boot back on. I had to take some ibuprofen and apply ice for a couple hours before I was able to put my boot back on. The Dr told me it's a simple fracture, and it should heal in 6 weeks. Below is a picture of my toe this morning, my toe is about half the size in this picture as it was last night.


I'm determined not to stress about things. My wife and I are going to pray and ask God for help. We'll accept his will whatever that may be.

Mather 6:34 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?

Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
God is great.

Luke 12:22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

No comments: