June 18, 2012

time off of cycling for illness?

For years I made bad decisions in regards to training. I'd train while sick, injured, within days after competing in Iron distance triathlons, I'd train hard year round without taking an off season.....

For the last couple months I've been doing training I haven't done in a couple years; lots and lots of speed work for short course training. My body isn't adapting as quickly as I thought it would. I'm constantly in a slight state of  over training and I got sick as a dog on Thursday. This was the 2nd time in 4 weeks I got sick. Today my lower back was achy and I still had some lower GI problems, but as usual I was planning on doing my cycling workout anyways. I was determined to ride today. I justified my decision because I broke my toe on Saturday and I knew I won't be running for awhile. Cant run, must cycle right? Somehow, someway I finally made a good decisions, I'm taking the next couple days off of training. On Wednesday I'll resume training with a 50 minute bike with speed work. Until then I'm resting up and healing. I must be getting old.....

No comments: