June 07, 2012

Saffron Extract Satiereal an appetite suppressant and triathlon training

Here are other posts cronicalling my use of safrom extract:
1-22-13
http://cody-the-clydsdale.blogspot.com/2014/01/saffron-extract-and-hunger.html
June 24th 2012
http://cody-the-clydsdale.blogspot.com/2012/06/running-on-broken-toe-saffron-extract.html
June 7th 2012
http://cody-the-clydsdale.blogspot.com/2012/06/saffron-extract-satiereal-appetite.html
June 6th  2012
http://cody-the-clydsdale.blogspot.com/2012/06/weight-triathlon-diet-and-change-of.html

This morning around 2:30 I was so hungry I just about lost my mind. Rather than eat an unscheduled meal I decided to take my first dose of Saffron Extract Satiereal,  which is an appetite suppressant I'd ordered. Within half an hour my hunger was gone! So far, 8 hours into using the Saffron Extract Satiereal pills, they seem to be working as advertised. Two of the side effects I've felt so far is that I have dry mouth and the mild depression I'd been suffering through the last few weeks is completely and totally gone! I feel upbeat, chipper, and motivated to go out to run and ride bikes.

Daily I'm eating 1,600 calories plus replacing all of my calories burned from exercise. My metabolic rate is 3,200 calories, so in theory I'll be losing on average 3.3 pounds a week.

I'm sure there will be a lot of concerned friends, fellow triathletes, and loved ones of mine reading this and wanting to write me to tell me what a bad idea appetite suppressants are, I lovingly request one thing from you, that you read yesterdays blog post before you make give any well meaning but ultimately hurtful opinions, comments, or suggestions. I've disabled comment posting on this blog post for exactly that reason. If you still feel the need to contact me feel free to comment on yesterdays blog post, but please, be gentle, this has been a hard month. There's been a lot going on that I haven't posted about on my blog because it's personal. 

I've spent a lot of time investigating Saffron Extract Satiereal before buying it to help me lose weight more comfortably. Almost every web site I'd read said virtually the same things.

I'm posting the information I found about Saffron Extract Satiereal from web MD below:

Uses:

Possibly Effective for:

  • Depression. Taking specific saffron extracts (Novin Zaferan Co, Iran seem to improve symptoms of major depression after 6-8 weeks of treatment. Some studies suggest that saffron might be as effective as taking a low-dose prescription antidepressant such as fluoxetine or imipramine.
  • Premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Some clinical research shows that taking a specific saffron extract (Department of Cultivation and Development of Institute of Medicinal Plants, Iran) significantly improves symptoms of PMS after two menstrual cycles.
  • Menstrual discomfort. Some clinical research shows the taking a specific product containing saffron, anise, and celery seed (SCA, Gol Daro Herbal Medicine Laboratory) reduces pain severity and duration during the menstrual cycle.
  • Alzheimer’s disease. Some research shows that taking a specific saffron product (IMPIRAN, Iran) might improve symptoms about as well as the prescription drug donepezil (Aricept) over 22 weeks of treatment.Asthma.


  • Insomnia.
  • Cancer.
  • “Hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis).
  • Cough.
  • Stomach gas.
  • Early male orgasm (premature ejaculation).
  • Baldness.
  • Pain.
  • Other conditions.

  • Side effects:
    Saffron seems safe for most people when used as a medicine for up to six weeks. Some possible side effects include dry mouth, anxiety, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, change in appetite, and headache. Allergic reactions can occur in some people.

    Taking large amounts of saffron is UNSAFE. High doses can cause poisoning, including yellow appearance of the skin, eyes, and mucous membranes; vomiting; dizziness; bloody diarrhea; bleeding from the nose, lips, and eyelids; numbness; and other serious side effects. Doses of 12-20 grams can cause death.

    Special Precautions & Warnings:

    Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Don’t take saffron in amounts larger than those normally found in food. Larger amounts of saffron can make the uterus contract and might cause a miscarriage.

    Not enough is known about the safety of using saffron during breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.

    Bipolar disorder: Saffron seems to be able to affect mood. There is a concern that it might trigger excitability and impulsive behavior (mania) in people with bipolar disorder. Don’t use saffron if you have this condition.

    Allergies to Lolium, Olea (includes olive), and Salsola plant species: People who are allergic to these plants might also be allergic to saffron.