January 08, 2014

creatine monohydrate and weight loss

I've been dieting since starting Olympic weightlifting a couple months ago. My goal is to get to the middle heavyweight division (94k), but I also want to get as strong as possible while losing the weight. It's not easy to try and get strong while losing weight. Even with an exellent diet a person usually losses some muscle while on a calorie restriction. So far I've been pretty lucky. I've gained a bunch of strength while having lost a bunch of fat. To help continue my strength gain I've decided to try supplementing my diet with creatine monohydrate. I know creatine helps build muscle and also causes a gain in water weight, but I'm not sure how it works for an athlete who is dieting. Will the creatine stop or slow my fat loss? Or will my dieting nulify the benifits of creatine? I'll use myself as an experiment. I started yesterday. I'll post my results and findings below: 

 Jan 14, 2014 http://cody-the-clydsdale.blogspot.com/2014/01/creatine-whey-protein-and-olympic.html

No comments: