May 14, 2018

The 2018 youth and master's championships report

On Saturday I competed in the Youth and Master's New Mexico state championships. I set a meet best and state record snatch of 100k. I've been chasing 100k since 2013. 5 flipping years! I finally got that son-of-a-gun. Such a wonderful day.

My son set state records in the snatchs clean and jerkj and total. He also qualified for the American Open Series and the youth national championships! After less than a year of training he has qualified for as many national championships as I have in a half decade of training and competing☺ At only ten years of age he's better than me. And I couldn't be happier about it.

 And pictured below are two of my Bear Canyon CrossFit team mates who spent the whole day warming me up and coaching me. I couldn't be more greatfull.




No comments: